Solved

function 'PluginsHost.StoreOnceReadFile' and Function name: [DoRpcWithBinary] fail

• Not a newbie anymore
  • 4 comments

Hi all, 

I have a backup that fails with the error 

Failed to call RPC function 'PluginsHost.StoreOnceReadFile'

and 

RPC function call failed. Function name: [DoRpcWithBinary].

I couldn't find anything that talks about that plugin or that function on the internet.

Do you know more about this function and why this problem can happen?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by q.IT 28 June 2022, 12:46

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, please check the following links, I hope they help. 
https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-replication-f2/error-rpc-function-call-failed-function-name-t23988.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/Veeam/comments/chlw19/unable_to_access_target_repository_error_the_rpc/

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, this did not help me. I connected to the target machine that the error tells me and the server is turned on and the services are running. 

The backup was working and started to fail for 3 days and there were only warnings for production datastore getting low in free space.

Does the function PluginsHost.StoreOnceReadFile have anything to do with read rights ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It sounds rather like a network problem. As the error mentions StoreOnce I suppose you're using such a device as the backup repository? If so, are you able to reach it from your gateway server? And does it show any warnings/errors?

It sounds rather like a network problem. As the error mentions StoreOnce I suppose you're using such a device as the backup repository? If so, are you able to reach it from your gateway server? And does it show any warnings/errors?

Thanks regnor,

The connection to the storage is fine because there is another backup job with the same configuration that works perfectly 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Ok that’s interesting. Any differences between the two jobs and have any configuration changes occurred?

Also it could be a problem with the metadata or configuration database; perhaps some missing restore points which are still referenced somewhere. Probably the best is to contact Veeam Support and let them check the logs.

Hi all,

I looked at the logs in more detail and just before putting the error message I got :

Info         [rpc] Loading options.
Info         [rpc] Getting version of the deployment service. Failed.

Warning      Failed to connect to Installer service on X.X.X.X:6160. Reason: Failed to check whether remote Installer service is available.   at Veeam.Backup.ProxyProvider.CProxyRawDeployerService.TestConnection(String srvName, CCliVeeamDeployer veeamDeployer, WindowsIdentity identityForImpersonationOrNull)

Warning      Access refused.
Warning      RPC function call failed. Function name: [GetSvcVersion]. Target machine: [X.X.X.X:6160].   à VeeamProxyClient.GenerateComException(basic_string<char\,std::char_traits<char>\,std::allocator<char> >* excMsg, Int32 errHrCode)

next is a lot of info and the error.

So I started following the KB2065: RPC function call failed. Function name: [GetSvcVersion] (veeam.com) but everything is ok I have the VeeamDeploymentSvc.exe listening on 6160 : 

Test-NetConnection -ComputerName "X.X.X.X" -Port 6160 
TcpTestSucceeded : True

Do you think I need to redeployed the veam installer service ?

Comment