What Automation tools are you using?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi All,

I wonder, what kind of tools are you using for your day-to-day automation tasks?

My top / most used list:

• Chocolatey
  • Boxstarter
  • PowerShell
  • Ansible
  • Bash

15 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

At the moment mostly:

• Powershellscripts
  • Batch scripts
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The main ones I use at the moment -

• Chocolatey
  • PowerShell
  • Terraform
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
  • Ansible
  • bash
  • PowerShell
  • Chocolatey
Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ansible, Terraform, Rundeck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Pretty much just PowerShell for me, but I’m a bit of an automation newbie, so I’m open to options!  Whatever tool works best for the task at hand.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • Ansible
  • PowerShell
  • Bash
  • Terraform
  • Gitlab-CI

I wonder if you can classify Chocolatey as automation tool …. nobody said apt, yum or zypper :D Though I am using chocolatey, too ;-) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I use Veeam Backup & Replication - It automagically starts jobs and is also able to trigger my Powershell scripts 🤣

Joking apart, I’m using Powershell and simple batch scripts and on Linux the good old bash. I don’t know if we can count AWS Cloudformation to it, but it also helps to setup testing environments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I use Veeam Backup & Replication - It automagically starts jobs and is also able to trigger my Powershell scripts 🤣

Joking apart, I’m using Powershell and simple batch scripts and on Linux the good old bash. I don’t know if we can count AWS Cloudformation to it, but it also helps to setup testing environments.

Whaha, yes VBR does some stuff automagically as well 🤣

CloudFormation is a method of deploying AWS environments, Infrastructure as Code. I would say YES that counts automation as well!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Honestly most of what I use these days is powershell by way of VS Code. I also use the various swagger docs for Veeam products as well to help guide my calls and test capabilities. Enough that I keep them all as a pinned tweet!

https://twitter.com/k00laidIT/status/1364586142025322499?s=20&t=vDeDsTvPY_G3ZfsOiPBcCA

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

The list has gotten longer…

PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, Bash, GitHub Actions, Gitlab, Circle CI, ArgoCD

And getting back into Python after a few years.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  • MySQL / PHP (yes really! - I can do ALL the things by interacting with our RMM DB 😉)
  • C#
  • PowerShell
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

PowerShell is my top. Try to use more vSphere Operations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Powershell is the only being used, too less at the moment...

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Powershell
  • Ansible
  • Python
  • Bash
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I’ve been using PowerShell so far.

Comment