Solved

December Chocolatey Month: Question of the day 01/12

Userlevel 7
Badge +14
December Chocolatey Month banner; Alfred, a cat and community mascotte, is wearing a Christmas hat and licking a Chocolate bar with the Chocolatey logo on it. On the background pine trees are draw, a green heart and some festive swirls.

How do you install Chocolatey?

a) Chocolatey is installed on a fresh machine by default, you do not have to install Chocolatey

b) You download the installer from the internet and install it by using the next, next, finish method

c) It depends if you install it in a wide organizational environment or as an individual. All is documented on the Installation page

Submissions accepted until December 2th 08:55 CET

More info and rules:

icon

Best answer by jos.maliepaard 1 December 2022, 08:58

View original

19 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Answer C

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’ll also go with “C”

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I’ll go for C too, you always appreciated the simplicity of the application. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I’ll go with C too!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I’ll have a punt with ‘C’

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, Answer C. It depends… 😂😂😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Obviously, C is the best answer here! Some organizations do no even permit direct internet download of applications. Also, Chocolatey installs as a nupkg. PowerShell install script just ensures that, and this can be automated on a large scare too.

If you wish to install it, use this quick guide: https://techdirectarchive.com/2020/05/25/windows-package-manager-how-to-install-upgrade-and-uninstall-chocolatey/

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I will say C because everyone else did ;) . That is the only problem for us North Americans, we wake up later and so despite desperately trying to not see the answers after reading the question.. they all jumped out at me :). Maybe this can be in a poll format. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I will say C because everyone else did ;) . That is the only problem for us North Americans, we wake up later and so despite desperately trying to not see the answers after reading the question.. they all jumped out at me :). Maybe this can be in a poll format. 

What if we DM you @mkevenaar directly and post on here after. What are your thoughts @mkevenaar ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I am gonna try something. Keep an eye out in the 100 group 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What if we DM you @mkevenaar directly and post on here after. What are your thoughts @mkevenaar ?

DMs are great for conversations, but submitting your answers will be a pain. Because if someone sends only A, how do I know what question it belongs to? That would be a lot more administrative work and will create issues for sure

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I am gonna try something. Keep an eye out in the 100 group 

Well, that did not work out as I hoped

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

What if we DM you @mkevenaar directly and post on here after. What are your thoughts @mkevenaar ?

DMs are great for conversations, but submitting your answers will be a pain. Because if someone sends only A, how do I know what question it belongs to? That would be a lot more administrative work and will create issues for sure

Yep, makes sense. The other option we have used in the past is for answers to be hidden with the spoiler option in the toolbar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Answer is C 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Option D, I’ve not yet embraced the Chocolatey?

But I’ll go with C I guess...cause that’s what everyone else said.  ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Option D, I’ve not yet embraced the Chocolatey?

But I’ll go with C I guess...cause that’s what everyone else said.  ;-)

Only the first answer counts @dloseke 🤪

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Yes, C is the most flexible way to suit the installation requirements.

@mkevenaar, would it be possible to set the question in a polling style ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes, C is the most flexible way to suit the installation requirements.

@mkevenaar, would it be possible to set the question in a polling style ? 

Unfortunately not, no one can see who voted what, so no way to track score's

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Indeed, c) Is the correct answer. See: https://chocolatey.org/install

Comment